Call us today for a confidential appointment to discuss your concerns.
OUR PROMISE AND COMMITMENT TO YOU.
- Non-judgemental, accessible support with a harm reduction philosophy. Clients are seen at our confidential and discreet services. If however people cannot attend due to mobility issues a home visit can be arranged.
- Clients choose their own goals and can be referred on to other agencies at their request
- A high quality service using well trained and experienced staff.
- An assessment appointment within 48 hours of first contact if requested. (100% success rate on this in 2012)
- Confidentiality is guaranteed, we will always ask your permission to share information. On rare occasions we may have to share information when it comes to the welfare and safety of children and others, but we would always discuss this with you first. See attached confidentiality statement.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM COUNSELLING?
Some people may be put off from asking for help because they’re not sure what ‘counselling’ is. Here at Motiv8 we tend to use a client or ‘person-centred’ approach to counselling (whereby the client is the centre of the process, but also with a heavy emphasis on motivational interviewing skills, which are essential to promoting change.
The service premises have a discreet entrance and there are no outward signs as to who we are. Inside, there is no waiting room and an intercom system will help you gain access to the premises, where you will be taken immediately to your counselling room. We will offer you a hot drink and a warm welcome.
(Images selection of pictures on a slide show of our premises)
Counselling may help you:
- Understand your drinking, drug use or gambling behaviour and how it affects you
- Look at the reasons behind your drinking & how it is escalated to the point you are now
- Look at triggers & cues which leave you vulnerable to substance misuse or gambling
- Look at other areas of your life and see how they relate to your drinking, drug use and gambling behaviour.
- Think about, plan and carry out any changes you might need to make including relapse prevention, goal setting, and staying safe plans
- Feel more in control of your life and make positive changes and steps towards future success
- Identify other issues that may require on-going referrals to other agencies.
How often can I be seen?
Usually clients are offered a weekly appointment for an agreed time period. Once you have reached your goals follow up sessions can be arranged.