DrugAware is a free and confidential service for anyone 18 years old and over whose wellbeing is affected by their own or someone else’s drug use.
We also provide a confidential helpline Telephone- 627650 or text 496048.
Whether you want to stop using drugs or to reduce your drug usage our counsellors, who specialise in additive behaviours, will offer you the support you require to reach your goal. By ringing the helpline you could be taking the first step.
If you are unsure and want to talk this through with someone in confidence we are here to help, by any means you choose to contact us. We can send out leaflets on many areas of drug use, you do not have to give us your surname; this too is in complete confidence.
Our counsellors can offer advice on a wide range of subjects to keep you safe and assist you in getting the help that is right for you.
Do I have a problem?
Questions to ask yourself?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions it may be a good idea to discuss your drug usage with one of our counsellors;
- Have you used drugs other than those required for medical reasons?
- Have you abused prescription drugs?
- Do you misuse more than one drug at a time?
- Can you get through a week without using drugs?
- Are you always able to stop using drugs when you want to?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your drug use?
- Does your spouse (or parents) ever complain about your involvement with drugs?
- Has drug misuse created problems between you and your spouse or your parents?
- Have you lost friends because of your use of drugs?
- Have you neglected your family because of your use of drugs?
- Have you been in trouble at work because of drug abuse?
- Have you lost a job because of drug use?
- Have you engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs?
- Have you been arrested for possession of illegal drugs?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms (felt ill) when you stopped taking drugs?
- Have you ever had any medical problems as a result of your drug use?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions you may be at risk of developing a drug problem, or if you believe that a loved one would answer yes. Give us a call today to arrange an appointment to talk to one of our non-judgemental counsellors in complete confidence.